- Jean Watson’s influence on nursing practice is significant. As all theorists do, she has a perspective through which she views nursing care and practice. This activity will help frame the guiding principles of University of Phoenix curriculum through the application of theory-based thinking.
Describe the five patterns of knowledge and how they can be applied in nursing practice.
Summarize the main points of Jean Watson’s theory of human caring, including the 10 carative factors.
Determine how Jean Watson views the following patterns of knowledge:
- Empirical knowledge (the science)Â
- Esthetic knowledge (the art)
- Ethical knowing (what constitutes good actions for that patient)
- Personal knowing (nurse-patient relationship)