Iâ€™m working on a Tourism exercise and need support.
In the textbook, answer Questions 1 thru 5 in the Questions and Problems section of Chapter 5.
1. What are some of the possible problems implicit in allowing the chef,
receiving clerk, or dining room manager to have keys to the storeroom?
2. Even with restricted access to storeroom keys, it is sometimes desirable to change locks. Under what specific conditions would you, as a food controller, advise a manager to change locks?
3. Explain how excessive food costs may be reduced by properly rotating stock.
4. List and explain the disadvantages of locating a storage area at some distance from the receiving and preparation areas. Are there any advantages?
5. If a new storeroom clerk discovers an item on the shelves that is still in good condition but is six months old, what, if anything, should be done about it? Why?