I donâ€™t know how to handle this English question and need guidance.
You can simply write your notes in paragraph form.
You should discuss:
- Topic, Purpose, Method of Delivery
- Argument: What is their main (overall) argument?
- Claim: list at least one claim they use to support their argument. Provide a quote from the text.
- Evidence: for the claim you have listed above, what type of evidence did the clergymen use? (historical example, numerical, anecdote, etc.)
- Strategy: for the claim listed above, what type of strategy did the clergymen use? (one of the appeals, identification, compare & contrast, prolepsis, etc.)
- Who was their primary audience?
- Do you think the type of evidence and the strategy they used effectively convinced the audience? Why or why not?